Schuman Associates was an active participant in the European Commission's Public Consultation on EU funds in the area of Cohesion.
The consultation was an integral part of the preparation process of post 2020 Multiannual Financial Framework.
We welcomed the EC initiative to share our views and experience - spanning over two decades in the area of EU policy and regulatory framework driving EU Funds. Our key messages included in the Position paper on post 2020 Cohesion Policy:
- EU cohesion policy budget should not be diminished.
- The adoption of the EU framework & country partnership agreements/ operational programmes should not be delayed.
- Management & control authorities accreditation – build on the existing set up.
- Support for sectors that create added value and maintain thematic concentration.
- Open up the debate and encourage the use of innovative financial/ spending models.
- Increase the level of transparency & access to information.
- Reinforce the partnership principle.
All interested parties were invited to submit their response till 9th of March 2018.
The Commission will summarize and publish the replies shortly after the end of the consultation period.