Business of Tomorrow. Are You Ready for the Next Wave of EU Funding in Romania?
Schuman Associates is pleased to announce that on June 25 we will organize a workshop on the future European Structural and Investment Funds 2021-2027 together with American Chamber of Commerce in Romania.
Why to attend this event?
- Almost half of the public investment in Romania is financed with EU funds.
- The new EU 7-year budget/wave of funding is now under negotiation with the European institutions and will start in January 2021. It will be the first for the European Union without the UK.
- More than €370 billion of this multi-annual budget is expected to be allocated to EU Cohesion funds across all 27 EU countries. With a proposed envelope of around €30 billion, Romania continues to be the 4th recipient of EU Cohesion Policy Funds across the entire EU and the 2nd in the CEE region, after Poland.
- In 2019 and 2020, the Romanian government will be negotiating and agreeing with the European Commission the New EU Operational Programmes for 2021-2027 as well as the corresponding budgets for each investment sector.
- There is a finite window of opportunity to engage with the Romanian and Brussels authorities to co-create the best EU investment scenario for key sectors such as digital technologies, healthcare, energy, transport or research infrastructures for the next 10 years.
Topics discussed during the workshop:
- Where are we now? Status of EU 2021-2027 preparations in Brussels and in Romania;
- What is the future EU funding outlook for Romania in key sectors: ICT, healthcare, energy, research and innovation, urban development, employment and education;
- What is there for your company?
- How can you engage?
Practical information and registration:
- Date: Tuesday June 25, 2019, between 15:00 and 17:00.
- Location: AmCham Conference Room
- Registration: the participation is open to all AMCHAM community members. You can formalize the registration at AMCHAM website clicking this link