What’s new for Digital Europe post-2020?
As part of the next long-term EU budget, the brand-new Digital Europe Programme will accelerate the recovery and drive the digital transformation of Europe. With a budget of € 6,761 billion, Digital Europe will strengthen investments in:
- artificial intelligence
- advanced digital skills
- ensuring a wide use of digital capacity across the economy and society
The main actions of the new Digital Europe programme and the approximate proportion of the budget for each objective are captured below.
- Erasmus+ - for Education and Mobility
- Horizon Europe - for Research and Innovation
- Digital Europe - for Digitalisation-related initiatives
- LIFE - for Sustainability-related projects
These EU programmes will launch calls for proposals for public and private entities and individuals to apply to on a regular basis in the next seven years, so early intelligence and positioning are essential.