Senior EU Funding Consultant - German-speaking
Deadline for applications: 31 August 2022
Starting date: As soon as possible
Remote-working position, based in Germany
Schuman Associates is a dynamic Brussels-based European Funding and Public Affairs consultancy with an impressive track record of success for its clients. Established over 30 years ago, we work with a unique mix of clients from Fortune 500 companies and trade associations, to NGOs and governments.
We are looking for a German speaking Senior EU Funding Consultant to join our team. This person will be responsible for managing and developing a portfolio of clients.
We offer this position for a committed, solutions-oriented and client-focused team player.
- Advising clients on ongoing and forthcoming German and EU funding programmes, notably linked to the recovery programmes
- Support clients in positioning for strategic funding programmes
- Focus on digitalisation, telecoms, as well as healthcare and the green agenda
- Development and implementation of communication strategies
- In implementing these tasks, this person will be assisted by one or two junior consultant(s) in our team.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline (Economics, Law, Political Science, International Relations, European Studies)
- Minimum of three years of relevant professional work experience
- Project management experience and strong analytical skills; attention to detail and highly organised; practical approach to problem solving; ability to work well under pressure
- Professional experience in one of the following EU funding programme is preferred: Recovery Funds, ESIF Funds, Horizon Europe OR in digital/broadband projects
- Ability to think and act strategically; keen interest in business, public policy and EU politics
- Ability to work both in a team and independently
- Native German speaker (or equivalent) with excellent written and spoken English; other EU languages will be considered as an asset
- Technical knowledge and understanding of the digital sector (telecommunications, cloud, 5G, etc.) are beneficial
Interviews will be conducted via Microsoft Teams.
CVs in English EXCLUSIVELY by e-mail to: Malgorzata.Stelmach@schumanassociates.com
EU Funding Stagiaire
Deadline for applications: 31 August 2022
6-month, paid, full-time equivalent traineeship
Starting from September 2022
To be based initially in our Brussels Office, Schuman area, with the possibility to telework
We are looking for talented people to join our expanding European team. We offer the opportunity to grow your potential and kick-start a career in EU business and advisory services. We work with the leading organisations in the world and pride ourselves at being the best at what we do.
Each year, we offer a number of candidates the chance to increase their professional skills, develop their personal qualities and enhance their EU knowledge through our talent development programme. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to grow and develop their leadership potential while immersed in a friendly, dynamic and multicultural working environment.
You will work within the Schuman Associates practices with a high degree of interaction with all staff members. You will be based in our EU Headquarters in Brussels and with teleworking possibilities.
You will be given responsibilities and opportunities to advance across the Schuman Associates practices.
Your role will focus on our core EU policies (Green, Digital and Healthcare) and different EU funding programmes, as well as working with technical and numerical data to support Schuman Associates' activities and clients.
Competencies and skills
- University degree in one or more of the following (or similar): political science, public administration, international relations, economics
- 1-2 years of experience on EU funding programmes
- Private sector experience in EU consultancy or similar
- Strong analytical skills and numerical reasoning
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Autonomy, self-organisation, priority management and reliability
- Responsiveness and ownership of tasks
- Solution-oriented and pro-active
- Team player with a positive attitude; sociable and reliable
- Good computer skills; experienced user of Excel
- Ability to work well in an international and multicultural environment
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Other EU languages are an advantage
Additionally considered advantageous
- Previous experience with monitoring and/or conducting analysis of EU Structural and Investment Funds or other EU funding programmes (such as CEF, Horizon Europe, IPCEI)
- Ability to convert complex information into usable intelligence and present/analyse it with speed, accuracy and added value.
- Ability to prepare reports and slides with a keen and careful eye for clarity, impact and accessibility.
How to apply
Please send your CV and motivation letter in English before 31 August 2022 to Małgorzata Stelmach: Malgorzata.Stelmach@schumanassociates.com (Confidentiality assured)
The interviews will be held online via Microsoft Teams. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Schuman Associates manages a database of experts for various EU-funded projects, both long and short term.
If you would like to be included in the expert database, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
External Aid: international donor agencies
Schuman Associates provides consultancy services to international donor agencies. We are members of two different consortia participating in DG DEVCO FWC Services for the implementation of external aid 2018.
The duration of the contract is 4 years, with a potential total value of 650 million EUR.
Schuman Associates is present in the following Lots of FWC SIAE 2018:
Lot 2: Infrastructure, sustainable growth and jobs (potential total value 155 million EUR)
Lot 4: Human development and safety net (potential total value 73 million EUR)
For more details please see FWC SIEA 2018
Africa Digital Transformation initiative
Schuman Associates is present at the European Investment Bank Framework Contract to support its activities in the Africa Digital Transformation initiative.
The maximum value of the contract is 2 MEUR. The individual assignments, which will have medium to long term implications, will span across four main themes of the Africa Digital Transformation :
- Policy: contribution to the development of a National Digital Economy Strategy
- Elaborate business plans for Digital infrastructure requirements (may include PPPs)
- Provision of support with regards to developing Cybersecurity policy and action plans
- Support business planning for digital transformation, entrepreneurship and digital economy based growth
If you are an expert across these topics and would like to be included in our roster of experts please send your CV to email@example.com