What’s new for Life post-2020?
The EU's most important financial instrument for environment and climate action - the Life programme - will receive a 58% budget increase in the EU's new funding cycle via the 2021-2027 Multi-Annual Financial Framework. Starting in 2021 and spanning the next seven years, the EU will invest € 5.45 billion in:
- Nature and biodiversity
- Circular economy and quality of life
- Mitigation and adaptation to climate change
- Transition to clean energies
- Erasmus+ - for Education and Mobility
- Horizon Europe - for Research and Innovation
- Digital Europe - for Digitalisation-related initiatives
- LIFE - for Sustainability-related projects
These EU programmes will launch calls for proposals for public and private entities and individuals to apply to on a regular basis in the next seven years, so early intelligence and positioning are essential.