Training "Unlocking EU Funding opportunities in Africa"
On 16th September 2016 Schuman Associates Schuman in partnership with BECI is organizing a one day Training Workshop "Unlocking EU Funding opportunities in Africa" on how to participate to financed EU projects in Africa.
What wil you learn?
- Understanding the EU Africa policy trends, mainly the linkages between policy and funding
- Where are the opportunities for your companies
- The timing for the next tenders and call for proposals
- Which EU public procurement rules will apply
- How the European Commission is deciding on project in Africa
- How you can participate in EU funded projects
- How to grow your business with EU funds
Participants will also have the opportunity to meet our experts and discuss their projects eligibility, share their challenges and experiences on EU funds.
Engagement with the EU on Africa (key topics and policy)
- Understanding who is deciding on EU Africa relationships and how to influence
- Proposal preparation and tender submission
The objective for the participants will be to understand:
- EU funding mechanisms in general: key trends and verticals
- How to access EU funds for projects? Who can benefit? Who decide for what?
- How to lobby in Brussels for funding?
- How to build a strong proposal?
- Examples of proposals and an analysis of their components (strengths vs. weaknesses)
Jan DROEGE, Partner Jan is German. He is a partner with Schuman Associates and heads up operations. Over the years Jan has built up extensive insights into EU funding processes and helped many organizations in their tendering strategies. He has also pioneered innovative training courses for government officials and the private sector. He studied economics and politics in Heidelberg, Toulouse and Exeter and is fluent in German, English and French.
Thierno Seydou DIOP, Associate, Africa. Thierno is Senegalese and joined Schuman Associates in 2008. He has more than 14 year's experience in development issues. He has also extensive experience working with European commission and EU Member States funding in Africa. Thierno is a graduate in International Relations (diplomacy and strategy) at Paris 1 Sorbonne University, in diplomacy (Academie diplomatique internationale, Paris) in International Law and political science at Paris 2 Pantheon-Assas University, in public management at the French elite school ENA (Ecole Nationale d'Administration). He speaks French, English, Wolof and some Dutch
Contact and registration:
Thierno Seydou DIOP
Associate, Schuman Associates