Horizon 2020 to receive €400 million more until 2020
In yesterday`s State of the European Union address, President Junker announced that the Commission proposes €400 million more for Horizon 2020. The proposed increase in the budget of the EU`s largest research and innovation programme was confirmed by Commissioner Modeas and Commissioner Georgieva.
In the mid-term review of the EU`s budget, Commissioner Georgieva also proposed an increase in funding for the Competitiveness of Enterprises and Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (COSME), Erasmus as well as the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) and the Youth Employment Initiative.
As a reminder, in July this year, the European Commission published an updated work programme for 2017, through which it will invest €8.5 billion in a number of cross cutting initiatives, such as: Circular Economy (€325 million), Smart and Sustainable Cities (€115 million), Green Vehicles (€133 million) and Internet of Things (€37 million).
The full package of 2016-2017 Work Programmes is available for downloading below, including the SME Instrument Work Programme.
Pillar I – Excellent Science
- WP: Future and Emerging Technologies (FETs)
- WP : Marie Sklodowska-Curie actions (MSCA)
- WP: Research infrastructures (including e-Infrastructures)
- WP: European Research Council
Pillar II – Industrial Leadership
- Introduction to Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies (LEITs)
- WP: Information and communication technologies (ICT)
- WP: Nanotechnologies, advanced materials, advanced manufacturing and processing, biotechnology (NMBP)
- WP: Space
- WP: Access to risk finance
- WP: Innovation in SMEs (SME Instrument)
Pillar III – Societal Challenges
- WP: Health, demographic change and wellbeing
- WP: Food security, sustainable agriculture and forestry, marine and maritime and inland water research and the bio-economy
- WP: Secure, clean and efficient energy
- WP: Smart, green and integrated transport
- WP: Climate action, environment, resource efficiency and raw materials
- WP: Europe in a changing world - inclusive, innovative and reflective societies
- WP: Secure societies - protecting freedom and security of Europe and its citizens
Other Work Programmes
- WP: Spreading excellence and widening participation
- WP: Science with and for society
- WP: Cross-cutting activities (Focus Areas)
- WP: Fast Track to Innovation Pilot