Jump into the fast-paced, challenging and exciting world of EU consulting
Each year, we offer a number of six-month paid internships as part of our annual talent development programme, with the opportunity to grow your leadership potential, deepen your knowledge and kick-start a career in EU business and advisory services.
You will have the opportunity to grow and develop your leadership potential while immersed in a friendly, dynamic and multicultural working environment. Based in our Brussels headquarters, you will get first-hand experience working with our specialist teams on a range of client projects across sectors.
Right now, we are looking for a talented communications professional to join our team as 'Junior Communications Assistant'.
Beginning under a 6-month paid CIP contract, starting as soon as possible, you would have the possibility to continue with us at the end of this period.
Junior Communications Assistant
6-month paid CIP contract
Based in our Brussels headquarters
Apply by 31 January 2024
Starting as soon as possible
This is a full-time position based in our EU Headquarters in Brussels. You will be given responsibilities from the start, with opportunities to advance based on your performance and strengths. You will work within the Schuman Associates practices with a high degree of interaction with all staff members.
As Junior Communications Assistant, you will support our communications team with the development and implementation of the company’s communication strategy.
You will be responsible for:
- Editorial graphic design: documents, publications, presentations, infographics, social media visuals
- Proof reading
- Copy writing and editing
- Website management and SEO
- Online event logistics management
- Contact database management
- Liaising with communications-related external providers
- Support in external corporate communication, outreach and promotion preparation, such as social media strategy, stakeholder mapping and analysis
Our ideal candidate
The ideal candidate for this internship will demonstrate exceptional organisational abilities, multi-tasking, attention to detail, time-management and interpersonal skills.
They will have:
- 1 year of experience in the Communications sector
- Private sector experience in an EU consultancy or similar
- Perfect command of spoken and written English
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent visual design and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, with software proficiency in:
- Adobe Creative Suite (primarily: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator; additionally: Premiere Pro, AfterEffects)
- Microsoft Office
- Creativity and be open to challenges
- Responsibility and be results oriented
- A practical and pro-active approach to problem solving
- Autonomy, self-organisation, priority management and reliability
- A team player approach and a positive, sociable attitude
- The ability to work well in an international and multicultural environment
How to apply
Please send your CV and application letter in English to
Interviews will be held online via Microsoft Teams.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.